Industrial architectural heritage and its conservation
In industrial architectural heritage, there are some specific questions that we should ask ourselves: What should we conserve? How to keep it? Where to do it?
In order to answer these questions, the methodology could be the following:
– To carry out a historical investigation following a descriptive method.
– To select and propose the protection of significant elements, according to a historical, cultural, emotional and practical context.
– To preserve and manage the rehabilitation processes, analyzing the application of material and replacement of damaged elements.
– To establish a priority strategy, analysis of the bioclimatic context.
– To apply constructive strategies and passive conditioning techniques, without creating discordance with general conservation.